Happy Festivus… for the rest of us. Counter to the Festivus tradition of airing grievances, I’m going to air some wins and things I’m grateful for. It’s been a massive and very intense year. I’ll reflect properly over the next few weeks, but a few things that come to mind to celebrate…
- Solve Problems That Matter: Design, Build & Launch Your Social Enterprise Idea. I wrote, designed, and published my first book
- Worked with over 115 corporate senior leaders and nine social enterprise clients across eight countries on three project-based experiential leadership, HCD & innovation skilled volunteering programs that we lead with a global financial services client – a couple of them in collaboration with my good friend Hannah from Sefa Partnerships
- Celebrated Dynamic4’s 20th birthday on 1 October
- Dynamic4: The 20th Year eight-part blog series reflecting on the journey so far and some key things I’ve learnt on the way
- Transitioned to Dynamic4 v8.0, our new strategic model. Always evolving
- Released our first impact report
- 107 days of Sydney lockdown photo project #SydneyWinterLockdown
- Joined Catalyst 2030
- Sydney Design Thinking meetup is now a community of 8,221 members. We ran 11 meetups. Six in-person and five online, including our 6th birthday, and two design megameetups with IxDA, EUX & CCX
- SECNA really started to thrive. We welcomed the awesome Samara as our first paid team member and four amazing new board members, had our first AGM, first full financial year, and several events to help connect the ecosystem… with plenty of exciting things coming in 2022
There are so many more things, but I’ll add to this later.
A huge thanks to all of our clients, collaborators, and team. I love the work we do together. Having fun while working on things that really matter.
I hope everyone gets a chance for a proper break and a moment to get your breath back before we go again.
Bring on 2022!